White sands, clear blue waters a vertible blend of seas and sands makes Tarkarli a tiny village in Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra a haven to rest and rejuvenate. Popular spot for Water Sports and Snorkeling.
HOW TO GET THERE
There are no direct buses to Tarkarli but Malvan which is 4 kms away is well connected by road to nearby cities. It is well connected by road and you can drive there from Mumbai, Pune and other nearby places. Tarkarli is 490 kms away from Mumbai.
Mumbai: 490 kms
Pune: 393 kms
Goa: 147 kms
Kudal, 45 kms away is the nearest railway station. The Konkan Express & Mandovi Express stop at Tarkarli.
Tarkarli is located on the Konkan coast which is 6 kms south of Malvan. The nearest airport is Dabolim in Goa which is 131 kms away.
Planning to visit Tarkarli : Click Here
BEST TIME TO VISIT
The best time to visit Tarkarli is from October to March as the temperatures during this time are perfect for Snorkeling & Scuba Diving.
Winter : November to February is warm & comfortable with average temperature being around 21°C.
Avoid Tarkarli : July to September, as the place experiences heavy rains.
The restaurants in Tarkarli serve the most fresh and delicious Sea Food. For the vegetarians, the Sol Kadi & Aamras are not to be missed. Also you can try out the Kombadi-vada, a Malvan speciality.
- Bamboo Restaurant Tarkarli & is just a short drive from Tarkarli Beach
- Chaitanya in the Malvan Market that has delicious sea food.
- The MTDC restaurants
- Swami Family Restaurant
- Only Fish
- Ocean’s Paradise
- Hotel Shirgaonkar
THINGS TO DO
You can do Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Swimming, Boating or just relaxing & Sunbathing on the beach.
- Trip to the famous Sindhudurg Fort
- Tarkarli Creek
- Head to Malvan – a picturesque town near Tarkarli.
Cashew Nuts and Cashew Bars
Amba Poli (Aam papad) , Amba Wadi, Kokam Wadi & Karvande Wadi.
PLACES TO VISIT
- Sindhudurg Fort – Constructed by Shivaji Maharaj in 1664, the historical fort is Sindhudurg Fort, just off the coast of Maharashtra in Western India.
- Tarkarli Beach – It is a clean water beach located between the union of Arabian sea and Karli river. It is popular among the tourists for the deep sea bed and clean water.
- Karli Backwaters – The backwaters in Tarkarli is unique in its own. The water sports & boating are the activities provided by the Maharashtra government.
- Vijaydurg Fort – It is the oldest fort on the Sindhudurg coast. It was constructed during the reign of Raja Bhoja II of the Shilahar dynasty and restructured by Shivaji Maharaj.
- Kudal – The beautiful city of temples.
- Mahapurush Temple – It is temple in Tarkarli where the Ramnavami Utsav is celebrated in the month of March. Cultural programs and drama are organised during the festival.